- By Adrian Streather
- Published October 2005 (UK)
- ISBN 1-84584-002-X
- £34.99 UK
The Essential Companion
- 432 pages, 1180 pictures!
- How to identify and authenticate a 911SC
- What to look for when purchasing
- How to service the 911SC
- Description of engine and CIS fuel injection
- Description of transmission, running gear, wheels and tyres
- Complete explanation of electrical systems
- How to troubleshoot and repair the 911SC
- How to improve the performance of the 911SC.
- Complete historical review of the 911SC on and off the race track
This book about the Porsche 911SC is the second of a planned six on a range of Porsche models, and carries on the tradition established by the author’s first Porsche 911 book (published by Robert Bentley) which covered the 964 series. Contains absolutely everything a 911SC owner needs to know. Every model and version is included. Engines, transmissions, suspension and how to improve the performance are covered as well as the fixes for common problems. This book really is the essential companion for the 911SC owner or would-be owner. No need to ask questions anymore, the answers are all here.
- 911SC Coupe, model years 1978 to 1983
- 911SC Targa, model years 1978 to 19839
- 11SC Cabriolet model year 1983
- 911SC Weissach Special model year 1980
- 911SC Sport model years 1980 to 1983
- 911SC Martini model years 1980 to 1983
- Porsche Studie model year 1981
- 911SC Ferry Porsche Special model year 1982
- 911SC/RS Coupe (Porsche 954) model year 1984
Adrian Streather was born on 25/12/58 in Basingstoke, England, but is an Australian citizen. He now lives in Walzenhausen, Switzerland with his wife, Gail, daughter Stephanie and son Jeremy.In 1998, Adrian purchased a 1989, 964 Carrera 4. Finding information about the 964 severely limited, he set about learning everything he could. This experience led him to write his first book on the Porsche 911 (964) - it went No 1 in Sweden! A recognised world expert on the Porsche 911, Adrian recently became the editor of Porsche magazine All Torque.
Paperback. 432 pages. 280mm tall x 210mm. 1180 pictures.
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 22 October 2005