The last of the Evolution
- By Tony Corlett
- Published January 2005 UK
- ISBN 1-904788-65-3
- £29.99 UK
- Foreword by ex-Porsche AG Chairman Peter W. Schutz
- Describes and details one of the greatest Porsches ever made and the last to carry the official designation "911"
- The only definitive book covering just the 911 3.2 Carrera
- Outlines the period 1984-1989, when this 911 represented the peak of 911 evolution
- Shows the Carrera as being a great blend between the classic and modern 911s
- A Bible for thousands of fans who believe it to be the last real 911 from an era of true sports cars
- Lots of high quality and large scale pictures
Written by an enthusiast for enthusiasts, Covers the history and development of the Porsche 3.2 Carrera, the very last model officially designated "911". From resurrection in 1984 to final production in 1989, covers design and production, and provides an in-depth look behind the scenes at Porsche’s Zuffenhausen factory in Stuttgart.
- Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera. MY (model years) 1984 to 1989.
- Coupe, Targa, Cabriolet, Sport (SE), Non-Sport, Supersport (SSE), Speedster, Club Sport (CS), Anniversary Edition, 953 4x4 Paris to Dakar and RUF CTR ‘Yellow-Bird’.
From Ferrari in the early days, through Alfa Romeo, Lotus, McLaren & Porsche, Tony has had an intense interest in engineering quality and inspired automotive design. He has been the 911 3.2 Register Secretary for the Porsche Club Great Britain for some years and has been working on this exacting Carrera book for some considerable time. Tony lives on the Isle of Man and, amongst other interests, including writing, photography and designing houses, collects classic and sports cars. Currently he has three Porsche icons in his collection.
Cloth hardback. 112 pages. 250mm tall x 207mm. 165 colour pictures.
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 7 April 2005