Peugeot enters Q4 with record sales volumes in 2002 and continues to lead diesel market
In the UK, for September:
- Peugeot took 8.1 % of the total new car market, with sales of over 35,000 units. Peugeot thus maintained its position as third biggest seller for the month behind Ford and Vauxhall.
- Once again the Peugeot 206 led the retail segment, being responsible for over 5% of all sales to private buyers. With 4.3% of total industry sales, the 206 was the third best-selling car overall for September.
- Two Peugeot models made the diesel top ten: 307 (4th) and 206 (7th). This gave Peugeot almost 12% of the diesel market.
In the UK, for 2002 year-to-date:
- Peugeot sales for 2002 so far are 3.4% above the same position last year, with over 170,000 new cars sold, maintaining Peugeot's position as the number three in the UK new car sales league, with a market share of 8.3%.
- The 206 continues to break its own records, with over 83,000 units sold this year, making it the number one in the growing retail market, and the number three best-seller overall for the year.
- In the diesel market, a share of 13.2% keeps Peugeot at the top of the sales chart, in a year which has seen diesel growth continue. Three models from Peugeot are in the top ten: 307 (2nd), 206 (7th) and 406 (9th).
In the UK, for LCVs:
- In September, sales of the 206 Van and the Expert showed gains, with 7% and 37% increases on the same month in 2001 respectively.
- For the year-to-date, Peugeot has over 6% share of the LCV market, which represents an increase of 7% compared to 2001, ahead of the market's growth.
- In 2002, sales of the Peugeot Expert (up 30%) and Partner (up 10%) are leading the Peugeot line-up.
- Peugeot is still responsible for over 30% of all registrations of Motor Homes, making it the leading manufacturer in this growing market.