Sales continue to grow in lead up to important September plate change month
In the UK, for August:
- Peugeot recorded a sales increase of over 23% compared to August 2001, well ahead of the market growth, and maintained third position in the market, with a share of 8.4%.
- The Peugeot 206 was again the leading car in the retail segment, and took 3.8% of total industry sales, finishing fourth in the overall sales chart.
- Peugeot maintained its number one position in the diesel market for the month, taking 14.6% of all diesel sales, and there were three Peugeot models in the diesel top ten: 307 (3rd), 206 (4th) and 406 (10th).
In the UK, for 2002 year-to-date:
- Peugeot maintains its number three position in the UK new car sales league, taking 8.33% of the market.
- Sales growth for Peugeot in 2002 against 2001 now stands at 5.5%, with total new car sales of over 135,000 units.
- The 206 is still at number one in the retail market, and it is the number three best-seller overall for the year so far, with over 65,000 new 206s sold, up 4% on 2001.
- In the diesel market, a share of 13.6% keeps Peugeot at the top of the diesel sales chart. Three models from Peugeot are in the top ten: 307 (3rd), 206 (7th) and 406 (9th).
In the UK, for LCVs:
- Sales growth for the Peugeot LCV range continued in August with a 10.1% increase in registrations compared to August 2001, ahead of market growth of 6.7%. This gave Peugeot a 6.9% share of the month's market.
- Both the 206 Van and Partner performed particularly well in August, with growth of 80% and 73% respectively.
- For the year-to-date, Peugeot has a 6.25% share of the LCV market, with 11.3% more sales than in 2001.
- Sales of the Peugeot Expert (up 28%) and Partner (up 22%) are leading the Peugeot line-up.
- Peugeot is still the leading figure in the Motor Home market, being responsible for 25% of all registrations.