Business is booming at Allied Vehicles, where the Peugeot Expert Combi is adapted into the seven seater, E7 taxi.
The E7 was designed after extensive consultation with taxi drivers to discover exactly what they wanted.
- Inertia reel seatbelts - for increased passenger safety
- A lightweight, easy to use ramp, which accommodates most wheelchairs
- A rear spoiler with warning lights and high visibility ‘For Hire’ signs
- Increased luggage capacity
- Sliding rear seats for increased luggage space without compromising passenger number
- Increased driver space and improved all round visibility
The spacious passenger compartment of the Expert has plenty of legroom, while also making it more comfortable for drivers.
Managing director of CabDirect, Gerry Facenna said: "We are delighted that our new taxi continues to display the Peugeot logo which is an instantly recognisable symbol of quality – especially by the taxi industry. The E7 is off to a flying start and taxi drivers like the cab enormously."
Steve Harris, Peugeot’s new fleet director said: "We are proud to have been chosen again by CabDirect to supply the Peugeot Expert as the basis for their exciting new product. This reflects Peugeot’s continued commitment to support the taxi industry with robust, reliable and economical vehicles."Published 11 November 2003