Peugeot unveiled the first official police liveried 407 saloon and 407 SW in civilian specification at this year’s Police Fleet Manager’s Show at Wroughton.
Peugeot’s fleet sales manager, Jon Morton says: "The show was very successful, especially as it marked the launch of the Peugeot 407 saloon and SW to the emergency services. Response to the 407 police car was extremely favourable and the stunning appearance of this vehicle was commented on. With the new 407 we hope to provide the UK’s emergency services with a vehicle to match their requirements at every level."
Every vehicle on show was built to the specifications of various individual forces and liveried accordingly. Peugeot’s other display vehicles included:
- 407 V6 traffic car built to West Midlands police specification
- 407 S 110 HDi response car built to South Yorkshire police specification
- 307 estate 110 HDi built to Avon and Somerset police specification
- 307 hatch 90 HDi built to Durham police specification
- Expert cell van built to Merseyside police specification.
All such vehicles are now adapted for emergency services use by a team of highly trained Peugeot technicians in-house at Peugeot Specialist Vehicle Operations (PSVO) in Coventry (which replaces the previous operation based at Alconbury).Published 23 August 2004