- Peugeot’s first SUV
- Two model range - SE & GT, priced from £22,790
- Low CO2 191 g/km, 39.2 mpg and 30% biodiesel compatible without modification
- Can seat 5+2 people
The Peugeot 4007 is the first SUV to be launched by Peugeot and extends the brand virtues of style, dynamism, innovation and quality. Positioned in the heart of the SUV market, 4007 has been designed to attract new customers who are looking for something distinctive.
The 4007 extends the Peugeot product portfolio and features an innovative electronically controlled four-wheel drive system, latest generation HDi engine technology and a versatile, dynamic and flexible interior which can transport up to seven in style and comfort.
The joint collaboration between the PSA Peugeot Citroen group and the Mitsubishi Motor Corporation has produced the 4007 - a vehicle that combines a high-driving position, distinctive appearance, a 5+2 seat configuration and ‘on-demand’ 4WD system. This combined with Peugeot’s class-leading HDi engine means it:
- Emits less CO2 than some family cars due to its efficient HDi engine
- Returns impressive mpg performance (39.2 mpg on the Combined Cycle)
- Operates only in 4WD mode - when road conditions necessitate
- Is fitted with Peugeot’s industry leading Diesel Particulate Filter System (DPFS) reducing exhaust particulate emissions to virtually zero, unlike a conventional SUV
On-Demand 4WD System
One of the most important engineering credentials of the 4007 is its innovative electronic ‘on-demand’ 4WD system. Unlike many other systems, the 4007 enables the driver to select three modes of drive, while on the move:
- Permanent 2WD - great for the majority of times when travelling around town or on a motorway, with all power directed to the front wheels
- Automatic 4WD - engine torque is delivered automatically to wheels that require the most traction at any time
- Permanent 4WD - splits torque 50:50 between front and rear wheels making it perfect for when the going gets tough
This technology gives 4007 the ‘best of both worlds’, for it can tackle some of the roughest terrain, yet still provides excellent on-road dynamic behaviour and excellent fuel economy.
Product & Pricing - Powertrain
Powering 4007 is a variation of the 2.2-litre HDi engine first seen in the 407 HDi 170. In this application, it produces 156 bhp at 4000 rpm, but its torque increases to an exceptionally strong 380 Nm at just 2,000 revs. The flexibility of this engine makes it very tractable when performing off-road and gives fantastic performance on road too. The 2.2-litre HDi 156 engine with 6-speed manual transmission emits just 191 g/km CO2 and is fitted as standard with a diesel particulate filter system (DPFS) - technology pioneered by Peugeot back in 2000.
The UK Range
The new 4007 is launched with two trim levels: SE at £22,790 and GT at £25,490 on-the-road. Both models have the following standard equipment:
- Electronic ‘on-demand’ four-wheel drive system
- ESP, ABS and EBFD
- Roof bars
- Automatic air conditioning with climate control, pollen and dust filters
- 6 airbags (front, side, and curtain)
- Ultrasonic alarm and remote control central locking with deadlocks
- Trip computer, front fog lights and radio/ CD player with MP3 compatibility
The SE will also feature as standard 16” alloy wheels. Customers choosing the range-topping GT gain full black leather upholstery, 18” alloy wheels, a 6 disc CD autochanger, rear parking aid, xenon headlights, dark tinted rear windows and increased use of chrome detailing.
Engine & Gearbox
All 4007s use the 2.2-litre HDi 156 bhp engine with six-speed manual transmissionPublished 15 July 2007