To celebrate the 200th anniversary of the brand, Peugeot is delighted to announce a 200 bhp version of its popular Peugeot 308 hatchback five-door model which will go on sale this month, priced at £21,995.00 O.T.R.
Powered by Peugeot's turbo-charged 200 bhp THP petrol engine mated to a six-speed gearbox, which it shares with the new Peugeot RCZ, the new Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 combines good levels of performance with low CO2 emissions of 159 g/km.
Externally, the Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 discreetly displays its sportier nature with a number of styling features to set it apart from the rest of the Peugeot 308 range:
- A bright black carbon-style insert under the front bumper lower skirt
- A 'Sport' lower front panel derived from the Peugeot 308 CC
- A lower rear bumper panel with Perla Nera black diffuser
- A rear spoiler, offering additional efficiency at high speeds
- Twin chrome rear exhaust pipes
- "GT" badges on the side and rear of the body
Inside, the Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 benefits from a number of distinctive features: Sports seats, aluminium pedals, footrest and gear lever knob, leather sports steering wheel with aluminium detailing and a black lacquer fascia front panel.
It also benefits from all of the qualities that have made the five-door Peugeot 308 hatchback a success; in particular:
- High levels of comfort and convenience, thanks to its semi-tall architecture, ensuring exceptional interior brightness, visibility (a glazed surface area of up to 4.86 m2) and interior space, not forgetting its stylish and elegant fascia panel, its build quality and its distinctive acoustics…
- 5 Star EuroNCAP 2009 test rating thanks to its structure and high-performance means of restraint.
In these modern times where comfort and convenience are becoming more important than ultimate performance, the Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 ticks all the boxes. Standard specification includes: ABS, EBFD, EBA, six smart airbags, remote control central locking with deadlocks, electric front and rear windows, radio / CD player with MP3 playback, fully body coloured exterior, dual zone climate control, front fog lights, ESP, leather sports steering wheel, cruise control with speed limiter, special sports GT 200 front grille, 18" alloy wheels, automatic headlamps and wipers, sports rear bumper, comfort pack (lumbar support and rear arm rest), electric folding door mirrors, ambiance pack (lighting) Bluetooth hands-free telephone kit, rear parking aid, alarm, carpet mats, half leather upholstery, sports seats, aluminium and carbon interior detailing, twin chrome exhaust pipes, rear spoiler, black carbon bumper inserts….
The Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 is available in six different exterior body colours: Bianca White, Nera Black, Aluminium, Shark Grey, Ipanema Blue and Babylon Red, all with a Payerne black half leather interior trim.
Modern, sporty and fuel efficient the Peugeot 308 GT THP 200 is a sporty hatchback for a new era: enjoyable for day-to-day driving, equally at home transporting the family, but with the performance to put a smile on the driver's face when the opportunity arises.
Finally, for cars delivered in July 2010, customers will also get a free Nokia 5230 smartphone and mounting kit, with inbuilt satellite navigation and free future updates enabling them to find destinations quickly and easily.Published 14 July 2010