- To be launched in September 2007
- Powered by seven engine options
- Class leading aerodynamics
- 1.6 litre HDi 90 emits only 120 g/km of CO2
- The start of a new “3” series family
Peugeot’s first vehicle of the “8” generation, the Peugeot 308 five door hatchback will be launched in the UK in September.
Designed by Peugeot’s in-house designers, the Peugeot 308 builds on the successful concept of the Peugeot 307, with its semi-high architecture, large interior space, class leading safety equipment and high standards of road holding.
The stylish design not only looks good but contributes to reducing fuel consumption and emissions, due to its class leading aerodynamics - Cx of 0.29 - enabling the 1.6 litre HDi 90 to emit only 120 g/km of CO2.
The Peugeot 308 will be available with 10 powerplant options:
Petrol engines *VTi - Variable valve lift and Timing and Injection
- 1.4 litre VTi* 95 bhp 5-speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 litre VTi* 120 bhp 5-speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 litre VTi* 120 bhp 4-speed automatic gearbox
- 1.6 litre THP 150 bhp 5-speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 litre THP 140 bhp 4-speed automatic gearbox
HDi Diesel Engines
- 1.6 litre HDi 90 bhp 5-speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 litre HDi 110 bhp 5-speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 litre HDi 110 bhp 6-speed controlled manual gearbox
- 2.0 litre HDi 136 bhp 6-speed manual gearbox
- 2.0 litre HDi 136 bhp 6-speed automatic gearbox
Safety is another strength of the new Peugeot 308, with seven airbags fitted as standard; even rear side airbags will be available as an option on 5 door models. Peugeot’s lane departure warning system (LDWS) and bi-xenon directional headlamps will also be available.
The increased size compared to the 307 results in greater interior space and carrying capacity. The boot of the 308 is cleverly laid out to maximise the space which, with the parcel shelf in place provides 430 litres, increasing to 1,398 litres with the seats folded.
The Peugeot 308 will evolve into a number of different body shapes over the coming months and years, and will see a “BioFlex” petrol model introduced. It could also one day benefit from Peugeot’s HDi Hybrid technology.
The Peugeot 308 will go on sale in the UK in September 2007; price and specification details will be announced nearer the launch date.Published 28 June 2007