- Four-wheel-drive Crossover concept unveiled at the Geneva Motor show
- Compact for the city and robust for the great outdoors
- Advanced electronic all-wheel drive and good ground clearance
- Rear hinged back doors
- No B-pillar for superb access to passenger compartment without compromising strength
- Unique side-hinged seats maximise interior space
- First project from newly-established Nissan Design Europe
Nissan believes the end could be in sight for conventional cars in the compact sector of the market. And if the market share of the traditional hatchback is indeed numbered, its place might well be taken by striking crossover vehicles designed to live a dual life… vehicles like the Nissan QASHQAI.
"QASHQAI is a bold new design that pioneers a new sector of the market. Aimed at a young pre-family buyer, QASHQAI is a dual-role compact crossover concept: during the week it is a tough city dweller at home on the mean streets, but at the weekend it heads for the hills for freedom and adventure."
Shiro Nakamura, Senior Vice President, Design Division, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.