All X-TRAILs are equipped with Nissan’s ALL-MODE 4x4 system which operates in two-wheel drive only to minimise fuel consumption and transfers into four-wheel drive mode as and when the vehicle detects it is needed, or manually selected by the driver. The SPORT and AVENTURA on the new X-TRAIL however get the very latest intelligent edition known as ALL-MODE 4x4-i incorporating Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Uphill Start Support (USS) and Downhill Drive Support (DDS).
USS is a fully automatic system that activates on any slope that exceeds a 10 per cent incline, holding the vehicle on the brakes until the driver starts to move away. The system also works if the vehicle is reversing up an incline.
DDS - operated via a switch on the centre console - operates when ALL-MODE is in lock mode. DDS uses the anti-lock brakes to maintain a descent speed of 5mph allowing the driver to concentrate on steering. Like USS, DDS also works when the vehicle is in reverse.
On SPORT and AVENTURA grades there are upgrade models available to further enhance the specification list. The SPORT eXpedition costs £1700 more and includes DVD satellite navigation, rear parking camera, intelligent key and chrome exterior door handles. The AVENTURA eXplorer has the same price increase but adds xenon powered headlamps, DVD satellite navigation and rear parking camera. eXtreme is the second upgrade on both SPORT and AVENTURA which adds stylish roof rails with integrated lamps for a further £425.
- TREK starting price - £18,795 (2.0 petrol)
- SPORT starting price - £20,695 (2.5 petrol)
- AVENTURA - starting price £22,695 (2.5 petrol)
- To upgrade from 2.5 petrol to 2.0dCi 150PS add £800
- To upgrade the 2.0 dCi from 150PS to 173PS add £1000
- For CVT transmission add £1200 - 2.5 petrol only
- For 6 speed automatic transmission add £1100 - 2.0dCi 150PS only
- SPORT eXpedition and AVENTURA eXplorer upgrades both cost £1700
- eXtreme upgrade - roof rails with integrated lamps - costs £425
Over and above the standard specification there will be further accessories available to personalise your vehicle from the Nissan accessory range. These include towbar and electrics, mats, styling packs, bike racks and roof boxes all covered by Nissan’s comprehensive warranty.
Service times for all engines in the range are set at 12 months or 12,500 miles whichever comes first.Published 15 July 2007