More value, more choice and more style are the key features of Mitsubishi’s 2005 Shogun and Shogun Sport model ranges.
With the Shogun brand synonymous with durability and outstanding on and off road ability, the mechanical specifications from the 2004 models are carried forward into 2005. The new Shogun range includes the introduction of three new variants, revised equipment levels across the range and lower pricing on many models. Not to be outdone, its even tougher stable-mate the Shogun Sport gets a face lift with prices remaining at the same level as the outgoing range.
Available at dealerships now, the revised 2005 Shogun range starts at the new price of £21,499 for the short wheel base (SWB) Classic rising to £32,499 for the flagship long wheel base (LWB) Shogun Elegance. The range re-alignment results in some models benefiting from considerable price reductions compared to the outgoing line-up. The Shogun Equippe at £22,999 for the SWB with manual transmission benefits from a significant £2,200 reduction, whilst both the LWB manual at £26,999 and auto version now priced at £28,499 receive a £2,000 saving from that of the 2004 models.
The 2005 model range also sees the range-topping Elegance line-up expand, with the introduction of a new SWB version, available with either manual at £26,499 or automatic transmission at £27,999. Customers of LWB models will also be offered a choice of transmissions for the first time, with a 5-speed manual gearbox now available with the Elegance at an on the road price of £30,999. Another feature to highlight the exclusivity of the Shogun Elegance will be the addition of distinctive 17’" alloy wheels.
The purposeful and well equipped Shogun Warrior continues to be a popular choice with customers. To reflect this, the top selling LWB Warrior gets a £1,000 price reduction and is now available for £31,499. Priced at £27,999, the SWB version now matches its bigger brother in terms of equipment with the addition of a 10 CD Autochanger and Smartnav satellite navigation as standard.
The 2005 Shogun Sport will be instantly recognisable from its 2004 counterpart, a redesigned and striking front end heralding the arrival of the latest models in this popular 4x4 family, which continues to represent great value for money.
Following a £2,000 price reduction earlier this year, prices are retained across the range, as are the tried and tested mechanical specifications. Prices range from £16,999 to £21,999 with a dual-fuel variant available for £24,199.
2005 Mitsubishi Shogun Model Range and Prices
Shogun SWB (3 door)
- Classic 3.2 DI-D Manual - £21,499
- Equippe 3.2 DI-D Manual - £22,999
- Elegance 3.2 DI-D Manual - £26,499
- Elegance 3.2 DI-D Auto - £27,999
- Warrior 3.2 DI-D Auto - £27,999
- Warrior 3.2 / 3.5 GDI Auto - £27,999
LWB (5 door)
- Classic 3.2 DI-D Manual - £26,249
- Classic 3.2 DI-D Auto - £27,749
- Equippe 3.2 DI-D Manual - £26,999
- Equippe 3.2 DI-D Auto - £28,499
- Elegance 3.2 DI-D / 3.5 GDI Manual - £30,999
- Warrior 3.2 DI-D / 3.5 GDI Auto - £31,499
- Elegance 3.2 DI-D / 3.5 GDI Auto - £32,499
- Classic 2.5 TD Manual - £16,999
- Elegance 3.0 V6 Auto - £21,999
- Elegance 3.0 V6 Dual Fuel Auto - £24,199
- Warrior 2.5 TD Manual - £20,999
- Warrior 3.0 V6 Auto - £21,999
- Warrior 3.0 V6 Dual Fuel Auto - £24,199