- Distinctively styled five-door seven-seater people carrier that sits on its own bespoke front-wheel drive platform
- Lower, sportier and sharper than its competitors, Grandis offers unique levels of versatility with smart, intelligently configured ‘Hide & Seat’ third row of seats that fold into the floor – no need to manhandle bulky heavy seats when adjusting the Grandis’ seating configuration
- Powered by a sparkling new Euro IV-compliant 2.4-litre four-cylinder MIVEC petrol engine, with choice of five-speed manual gearbox or Mitsubishi’s INVECS II electronically-controlled four-speed automatic transmission
- 2.0-litre diesel engine to be added to range mid-2005
- Rack and pinion steering, McPherson strut front and space-saving rear semi-trailing arm suspension both tuned to deliver passenger comfort and driver dynamism
- Three models on sale in the UK from 1st July– Classic, Equippe and Elegance, with prices ranging from £18,499 to £22,999
- Generous standard equipment levels include eight airbags, ABS anti-lock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution, Isofix seats, climate control, remote central locking, 17inch alloy wheels, four speaker CD stereo system, ‘Hide & Seat’ third row of seats, alarm and immobiliser
- Sales expectations of 1,000 units in 2004 rising to 2,000 in 2005
Sales and Pricing
Unveiled late last year at the Frankfurt Motor Show and making its UK show debut, Grandis is Mitsubishi’s bold new full-sized people-carrier. Offering distinctive styling, a sleek and low profile, truly innovative packaging and an exceptionally high level of luxury and safety equipment, Grandis will make a big impression in a segment dominated by very rational products.
All Mitsubishi Grandis models will come laden with specification and important safety features including ABS, EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution), driver and passenger front and side airbags plus curtain airbags for the first and second rows of seats.