Mitsubishi Motors Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. (MMNA) will give the all-new Raider pickup and the latest Eclipse sporty coupe their world premiere at the 2005 North American International Auto Show (the Detroit Motor Show) to be held January 9-23, 2005 at the Cobo Center in Detroit. The show opens to the general public on January 15. Both new vehicles feature interior and exterior designs created by Mitsubishi Motors Cypress, California design studio.
The Raider pickup is crafted using forceful and striking lines that derive from the basic concept and styling of the Sport Truck Concept the company displayed at the 2004 Detroit Motor Show. Powered by 3.7-litre V6 and 4.7-litre V8 engines, the Raider lineup is due to make its market debut in North America in the fall of 2005. and will be built at the DaimlerChrysler plant in Warren, Michigan. The latest Eclipse sporty coupe represents the fourth generation in the series. Distinguished by dynamic lines and muscular styling and powered by 2.4-litre inline 4-cylinder and 3.8-litre V6 engines, Eclipse offers exhilarating performance that fully embodies Mitsubishi's Sporty DNA. To be manufactured at MMNA's production plant in Normal, Illinois, Eclipse is due to be placed on the North American market in the summer of 2005.
Raider available feature highlights include:
- 4.7L V8 and 3.7L V6 engines
- 4-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission for certain trim levels
- Fully boxed steel frame ideally suited to pickup use
- Independent front suspension with coil-over shocks and live axle and multi-leaf rear suspension that gives excellent road performance while matching pickup requirements
- Extended cab, features a center-hinge rear door for occasional use, or double cab
- Two- and four-wheel drive
- BluetoothR technology for interior communications use such as hands-free operations for cellular phones
Eclipse available feature highlights include:
- 3.8L V6 engine with available 5-speed automatic transmission with sport mode or standard 6-speed manual transmission
- 2.4L inline 4-cylinder engine with 5-speed manual or automatic transmission
- 18-inch alloy wheels for certain trim level
- 650-watt Rockford FosgateR audio system with 6-CD in-dash changer, MP3 playback, nine speakers with a 10-inch subwoofer available