Mitsubishi Motors (UK) is pleased to announce the pricing and specification of its all-new urban crossover vehicle, the Mitsubishi ASX.
Mitsubishi's Managing Director, Lance Bradley, commented "This is the right car, at the right time, at the right price and specification. The CO2 reducing technologies will appeal to fleets, user-choosers and retail customers alike - indeed, early customer reaction has been very positive with advance orders already taken.
"We're targeting customers who would traditionally buy a C-segment car, such as the Volkswagen Golf and Ford Focus, but also people looking to down-size from their SUV or family estate car. With the ASX you really do get the best of every world.
"It's a game-changer for us, which could easily become a new 'hero' vehicle for the brand and heralds the advent of our new 'Intelligent Motion' philosophy."
- New Active Sports Crossover (X-over) from Mitsubishi to compete in the expanding crossover marketplace against rivals like the Nissan QASHQAI
- Highly competitive pricing from £14,999 to £22,049
- UK sales start 1st July 2010
- Range largely 2WD (front wheels), with AWC electronically controlled 4WD offered on the 1.8 DiD
Mitsubishi ASX Equipment
- Standard equipment on all includes alloy wheels, air conditioning, Automatic Stop & Go, Active Stability Control and Traction Control, aux-in jack, keyless entry, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, dual stage front side and curtain airbags, driver's knee airbag, tilt and telescopic steering column
- Mitsubishi ASX 3 gains fully automatic air conditioning, one touch starting, cruise control, heated seats, privacy glass, audio wheel controls, Bluetooth™, leather covered steering wheel and shift knob, automatic lights and windscreen wipers, chrome exterior detailing
- Mitsubishi ASX 4 gains leather seats and Kenwood in-car entertainment incorporating iPod control, sat nav and a reversing camera.
Mitsubishi ASX Performance/technical Specifications
|Model||0-62 (secs)||Top Speed (mph)||Power (bhp/rpm)||Torque Lb (Ft.lb/rpm)||mpg
|ASX 1.6 Petrol||11.4||113||115/6000||114/4000||36.7/56.5/47.1||135|
|ASX 1.8 DiD||9.7||124||148/4000||221/2000-3000||42.2/58.9/51.4||145|
|ASX 1.8 DiD 4x4||10.0||123||147/4000||221/2000-3000||40.9/56.5/49.6||150|
|ASX 2 1.6 Petrol||13||15%||£14,999|
|ASX 3 1.6 Petrol||13||36%||£16,799|
|ASX 4 1.6 Petrol||14||4%||£18,799|
|ASX 3 1.8 Diesel||19||27%||£18,549|
|ASX 3 1.8 Diesel 4x4||19||13%||£20,049|
|ASX 4 1.8 Diesel||19||3%||£20,549|
|ASX 4 1.8 Diesel 4x4||20||2%||£22,049|
Metallic Paint costs £440 including VAT. The List Price includes VAT at 17.5% and the cost of delivery to the dealer's premises, but excludes Government Road Fund Licence and First Registration Fee.
Mitsubishi ASX sales in the first 12 months of full production are expected to be in the range of 3,000 - 5,000 units.Published 5 May 2010