MINI UK is delighted to announce a number of new changes for model year 2004. These changes will affect all cars built from Monday 1 September 2003.
Standard equipment:All MINIs will benefit from the following improved functions:
- Follow me home lights (headlights will stay on for 40 seconds once the car has been locked in order to illuminate the path ahead)
- Additional digital speed readout in the rev counter *
- Indicators flash once when MINI is locked
- Indicators flash twice when MINI is unlocked
- MINI re-locks after two minutes if unlocked doors are not physically opened during this time, providing additional car security
- Below 2mph windscreen wipers will automatically change from slow mode to interval mode
There is no price increase for any of these enhancements.
* Rev counter is an option for MINI One and is priced at £50.
Paintwork and Upholstery:
Pepper White will be made available as a paint option for the MINI Cooper S (previously only available on MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper). Velvet Red Metallic will be deleted as a paintwork option on all MINIs.
Cordoba Beige leather will be available for all MINIs with sports seats including MINI Cooper S. Previously Cordoba Beige was only available on standard seats and not at all on MINI Cooper S.
There have also been improvements in the levels of optional equipment offered on MINI:
MINI Cooper S perforated leather steering wheel
Previously only available on MINI Cooper S, the perforated leather steering wheel will now be included as standard on all cars specified with cloth/leather and leather upholsteries for MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper. It is also included as standard in the PEPPER pack for MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper and as part of the CHILI pack for the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S.
Just like the MINI One, a rear spoiler will be made available for the MINI One D priced at £100.
From September, the on-board computer option will have the additional feature of instantaneous fuel consumption readout. The price of £100 remains the same. The on–board computer will also be included as standard within the SALT, PEPPER and CHILI Packs for all models.Published 3 August 2003