The interior styling of the Mazda6 was particularly impressive with the emphasis placed on functional and uncluttered switchgear.
How It Looks - Interior
The interior styling of the Mazda6 was particularly impressive with the emphasis placed on functional and uncluttered switchgear. The cabin is spacious with a light and airy feel, the black interior plastic is of a good quality and the dashboard and centre console have a carbon fibre effect. The round side air vents have a look of the MX-5 about them and the instrument dials, door insert panels, air vents and gear shift trim have brushed aluminium surrounds.
The Mazda6's seat upholstery was a black nylon type fabric with contrasting grey inserts. Both the seat fabric and carpets were of a good quality and should prove durable in the long term.
- Bose Premium Audio System with in-dash 6-disc CD player/Radio, seven speakers and separate amplifier. Excellent sound quality with speed sensitive volume and steering wheel mounted controls keeping your hands safely on the wheel.
- Citroen C5, Ford Mondeo, Honda Accord, Nissan Primera, Renault Laguna, Toyota Avensis & Vauxhall Vectra.
What We Liked
- Exterior and interior styling
- Fuel economy
- Cruise control standard
- Bose Sound System
- The innovative 'Karakuri' rear seats
What We Disliked
- Key fob fiddly to use
- Low swooping roofline doesn't make it the easiest of cars to get in and out of
Mazda Mazda6 Road Test Data
|Model Reviewed||Mazda Mazda Mazda6 2.0 TS2 Diesel|
|Body Type||5 Door Hatchback|
|Colour||Blue Pacific Mica|
|Performance (manufacturers data)|
|0 - 62 mph||10.6 seconds|
|Top Speed||123 mph|
|CO2 Emissions (NEDC Figures)||g/km|
|Economy (NEDC Figures)|
|Extra Urban||51.4 mpg|
|Euro NCAP Rating||4|
|Warranty||3-year/60,000 mile warranty from date of registration with unlimited mileage in the first year|
6-year anti-perforation warranty
3-year unlimited mileage paint and surface corrosion warranty
The Mazda 3-Year manufacturers warranty includes Mazda European Assistance
|Price (when tested on the 18/04/04)||£ 17,700|