Celebrating the 1990 launch of the original Mazda MX-5 BBR turbo, BBR is proud to announce a 20th Anniversary turbo conversion package for the Mazda MX-5 model range, covering Mk1 and Mk2 variants of the world's most popular sports cars, in both 1.6 and 1.8 - litre capacities. BBR's relaunched turbo kit transforms the much loved Mazda MX-5 into a serious driving machine, elevating its performance from sedate to electrifying.
BBR's in-house expertise and unrivalled experience with the Mazda MX-5 enables the firm to build upon the overwhelming success of the original 1990 150 bhp Mazda MX-5 turbo kit, updating and enhancing the design to produce a stunning, dyno proven 220 bhp plus from just 1.6-litres.
BBR Anniversary Phase One Turbo Specification
- Garrett GT25 ball bearing Turbocharger with integral waste gate control, water cooling & ported turbine housing with ceramic coating for improved thermal management
- High temperature alloy cast exhaust manifold with ceramic coating and stainless steel heat shield
- Front mounted Air to Air Intercooler and associated pipe work, powder coated black for factory style discretion
- Competition standard hoses and fixings throughout
- Auxiliary BBR Interceptor 2010 engine management computer with 3-dimensional mapping and external manifold pressure sensor
- BBR specification larger fuel injectors
- Stainless steel separated gases exhaust down pipe
- New cool air induction system
- Modified sump
- Modified coolant and oil system piping
- Special BBR Turbo identification badges with BBR anniversary plaque
- Priced at £4995.00 fitted
On the 1.6-litre engined Mazda MX-5 Mk1 and Mk2 power increases to a dyno proven 221 bhp at 6900 rpm, with 175 lb.ft of torque at 5100 rpm. For 1.8-litre engined cars, the peak power and torque output will be correspondingly higher.
Priced at just £4995.00 fitted in BBR's Brackley based workshop, the BBR Mazda MX-5 turbo kit is available now. A DIY version of the kit is also available as an option, priced at £3995.00.Published 30 November 2010