- 27-strong model range with saloon, hatchback and Estate body styles
- Choice of three petrol and two diesel engines - all Euro 4 compliant
- New 6-speed manual and 5-speed automatic transmissions
- Exterior changes highlight the athletic design of Mazda’s mid-sized star
- Interior with even higher levels of comfort, quality feel and lower noise levels
- Four equipment levels - S, TS, TS2 and Sport, priced from £14,100 (on-the-road)
The ‘upgraded’ Mazda6 model range for 2005 benefits from much more than a mere facelift and builds on the many virtues that made the original Mazda6 the Mazda brand’s top-selling model in the UK. Beneath the stylish exteriors of Mazda’s immensely popular saloon, hatchback and estate are a host of major technical innovations and enhancements which demand that the 2005 Mazda6 models are indeed regarded as ‘great cars which just got even better’.
In the UK, the second generation Mazda6 is on sale now, offering customers a 27-strong model line-up, starting at £14,100 (on-the-road) and rising to £19,200, with a choice of five powertrains and four equipment levels. Petrol engined models are already in dealer showrooms, while automatic models follow later this year with diesels following in Quarter 1 2006.
The upgraded Mazda6 now has retuned suspension for even more dynamic handling, a strengthened body shell, much improved NVH and a host of practical and cosmetic exterior and interior refinements. All three body styles - Mazda6 saloon, Mazda6 hatchback and Mazda6 Estate - benefit from these updates.
Two new body colours are available - Phantom Blue Mica and Tungsten Grey Metallic – in the eight colour range, plus stylish new 16-inch 5-spoke and 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and twin exhaust tailpipes on 2.0 and 2.3 petrol models. The 2.3 Estate 4WD and 2.3-litre 4-door Sport models, are no longer available in the UK.