HD Traffic – provides real time traffic and unique dynamic routing. Real time traffic information is provided from a network of 82 million probes across Europe, covering 99.9% of the road network.
At the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, it has been announced that the Mazda CX-5 will feature the new TomTom connected navigation solution, integrated into the dashboard and providing LIVE Services including HD Traffic for dynamic routing options.
"Over the last 12 months we have developed a fruitful relationship with Mazda and with this latest addition we show we are continuously evolving and innovating. Not only does the navigation offer great connectivity, such as real time traffic, and accurate arrival time estimates, but it is based on our latest technologies and line-fitted," Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director, TomTom Automotive said.
"The results of our collaboration with TomTom have been very convincing, starting with the launch of the new Mazda5 last year. For our new product, the new Mazda CX-5, we continue our successful cooperation," said Phil Waring, Chief Operating Officer, Mazda Motor Europe. "The navigation technology of TomTom is state-of-the-art and very user-friendly - a perfect fit to our brand and our vehicles".
Mazda CX-5 TomTom Features
- HD Traffic – provides real time traffic and unique dynamic routing. Real time traffic information is provided from a network of 82 million probes across Europe, covering 99.9% of the road network. It reports more traffic jams in real-time and is also refreshed more frequently than any other service
- Up-to-date fixed and mobile speed camera information.
- Live weather updates as well as local search, sent directly to the SIM card of the in-dash system.
- Updatability – the navigation solution can be regularly updated with maps and new software, which can be downloaded to the device via TomTom HOME.
- Latest generation voice recognition technology for certain navigation functions, in selected languages.
- The Mazda CX-5 boasts a 5.8-inch colour touch screen monitor, featuring the latest graphic user interface, located centrally at the top of the dashboard, delivering a full infotainment solution including hands free dialling via Bluetooth, MP3 playback from USB or iPod, control by speech and rear-view camera viewing.
- The navigation system can be operated via touchscreen or the new HMI commander at the centre console.