- Quattroporte on-the-road UK price set at £69,995 including three-year service package
- UK deliveries of right-hand drive, 170 mph saloon scheduled for May 2004
Maserati’s new Quattroporte will cost £69,995 on-the-road when it goes on sale in January. Right-hand drive production of the new flagship model for Maserati begins in March 2004 with UK deliveries of this Italian luxury saloon expected in late spring.
The on-the-road price of a Quattroporte includes a comprehensive standard specification, a three-year full ‘peace of mind’ service package that is unique to Maserati, and a Navtrak vehicle tracking system.
As standard, the Quattroporte specification includes: Bi-xenon headlamps, automatic headlamp and windscreen wiper operation, 18 inch alloy wheels, Poltrona Frau leather interior, six airbags, laminated glass in all windows, powered front and rear seats, Blaupunkt Info Centre with satellite navigation, high power Bose sound system, dual-zone climate control, cruise control and a high-spec anti-theft alarm.
Two options packages will be available – Sport and Executive – and a range of 25 individual options range from metallic paint (£505), coloured brake callipers (£388), rear parking sensor (£447) and powered sunroof (£1,163), to a tailor-made five-piece leather luggage set (£2,468) designed to make maximum use of the 450 litre boot.
The service package includes:
- 1st Service at 6,250 miles (10,000 km), technical inspections, oil and oil filter replacement and road test.
- 2nd Service at 18,750 miles (30,000 km), as the first service, but with the addition of air and pollen filter replacements and suspension and tracking alignment checks.
- 3rd Service at 31,250 miles (50,000 km), as the second service, but with addition of new spark plugs, and replacement of the gearbox, differential and compressor oil, power steering and cooling system liquids, and the climate filter.
The Quattroporte technical specifiation encompasses a 400 bhp V8 engine tuned to generate more than 75% (250 lb ft) of torque from 2,500 rpm, double-wishbone suspension with Maserati’s unique electronic Skyhook multi-mode damping control, Maserati Stability Control, the gearbox in unit with the rear-differential, to create a 47% front, 53% rear, weight split, and an electro-hydraulically actuated, Maserati Duo Select six-speed fully automatic gearbox with manual-mode gear changes using the steering-wheel mounted paddles.
Customers will be offered a choice of 15 exterior paint finishes and 10 leather interior colours. Like other models in the Masearti range, Quattroporte will enjoy a 3-year warranty and it is expected to be classified in insurance group 20. Maserati UK anticipates the availability of between 100 and 150 cars during the year.Published 24 December 2003