Lotus have cut the roof off the Exige S and created the Exige S Roadster, which has gone on sale priced from £52,900.
The S Roadster features a soft-top that is unfastened by two clips, rolling away, so that you can enjoy open top motoring.
It is still powered by the same 3.5-litre V6 power plant but at 1166 kg it is 10 kg lighter than its hard headed sibling. It delivers 350PS at 7,000 rpm with 400Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm, which equates 0-60 mph in 3.8 (0-62 mph 4.0 seconds), around the same time as Caterham’s 7 Superlight R400 SV. The top speed is restricted to 145 mph and Lotus claim on the official combined cycle 28 mpg with CO2 emissions of 236 g/km.
The Lotus Exige S Roadster Data
- Max Power 345 hp (350 PS) at 7000 rpm
- Max Torque 295 lb ft (400 NM) at 4500 rpm
- 0 – 60 mph 3.8 seconds
- 0 – 62.5 4.0 seconds
- Max Speed 145 mph
- Weight 1166 kg
Engine: Mid-mounted, transverse 3.5 litre DOHC V6 VVTi, 24-valve equipped with Harrop HTV 1320 Supercharger.
Transmission: 6 speed manual with sports ratios only from launch. Paddle shift options for Exige S Roadster will be considered subject to demand.
Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone suspension with front and rear anti-roll bar. Bilstein high performance gas dampers and Eibach coaxial springs.
Braking & Dynamic systems:
- AP-Racing four-piston callipers with ventilated and cross drilled cast-iron discs.
- Lotus / BOSCH Developed ABS/ESP system
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Lotus Dynamic Performance Management (Lotus DPM)
Wheels & Tyres: Lightweight cast alloy wheels (17” front and 18” rear) clad with Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tyres.Published 22 May 2013