The North American International Motor Show today marks the world première of the new Lexus RX300. The new car will make its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2003 and will go on sale in the UK in May.
The all-new RX300 has additionally made a leap in driving dynamics, safety and refinement to move it even further ahead of other vehicles in the luxury sport utility segment.Mr Yukihiro Okane, chief engineer of the next generation RX says: "We determined at the outset that the new RX must have advanced styling, an unsurpassed level of safety equipment and a host of innovative features. Parallel to this, we chose to improve driving dynamics in several areas and the passengers will be rewarded with an even higher level of sophistication."
- New shape and new driving dynamics for the true luxury SUV
- New chassis and drivetrain deliver a new level of driving experience
- World-first technologies enhance active and passive safety – new-design side airbags and driver’s knee airbag fitted as standard
- New five-speed automatic gearbox for improved refinement, economy and performance
- Revised, more powerful 3.0-litre V6 engine now complies with EURO IV emission regulations
- External appearance builds on links with previous model
- World-first technologies enhance active and passive safety
- AFS, Adaptive Front-lighting System available for the first time in an SUV; AFS uses an electronic controller to calculate from the vehicle speed and steering angle, the optimum swivel of the lighting area
- Power operated rear tailgate available adding to convenience and practicality
- Height adjustable four wheel air suspension available that offers greater ride control – automatically lowers the car 15mm at speeds above 60mph
- Full UK grading structure and specification available prior to launch in May 2003