- Access to the Lexus Electronic Auction to remarket its used cars
- An eight-week maximum Delivery Promise on all but the SC430 model
- A generous Cancelled Order policy, which provides that if an order is cancelled the car can be returned to the Lexus Centre with no cost penalty
- Ability of the lessor to offer customers added value in the form of access to the Lexus customer loyalty programme, RAC Roadside Assist and Lexus Magazine
- Pilot access to any new Lexus programmes
- Access to Lexus aftersales data and dedicated support
"There are significant advantages here for the leasing company, not least access to the well-proven electronic auction for end-of-contract returns," said Andy Simpson. "Up to 51 Lexus Centres could be bidding for its used stock, which will in itself help to maintain strong residual values.
"This is a groundbreaking idea with significant benefits for the car lessor, for Lexus and ultimately for the customer," he went on. "We are delighted that a major operator such as Leasedrive has been so quick to realise the mutual benefits of this concept, and we're confident that this agreement will be the first of many."
The charter will be rolled out gradually to the leasing industry, said Mr Simpson, with ING, MNH and ALD (Hertz) already considering participation. He also referred to the possibility of the charter scheme being extended to larger fleet customers.