Hang on, something is wrong – a Range Rover with a claimed figure of 58mpg.
But no, it is true – the new Range Rover Evoque with front wheel drive powered by the 150PS 2.2-litre diesel engine achieves 58mpg and sub 130g/km CO2. The four-wheel-drive 2.2-litre 150PS delivers 50mpg and sub 145g/km CO2 still quite remarkable for a Range Rover.
There is even a relatively quick 240PS, 2.0-litre Si4 petrol engine which combines a direct fuel injection system with a turbocharger to achieve a 0-60mph time of just 7.1 seconds.
The Range Rover Evoque benefits from the same innovative technologies as their larger brothers. There is an intuitive control system and touch-screen display combines a stylish, uncluttered layout and state-of-the-art functionality with class-leading ease of use. The display is available with dual-view technology, so that driver and passenger can view independent content.
Connectivity options include Bluetooth hands-free mobile phone and audio streaming, plus a range of USB and auxiliary inputs for iPods and other portable devices.
The Range Rover Evoque is even available with a high end Meridian Hi-Fi. The premium Meridian system offers an 825W, 17-speaker system that delivers the ultimate in surround-sound performance.
Other features available to Range Rover Evoque customers include:
- Park Assist for automated parallel parking
- Blind Spot Monitoring system
- Surround Camera System with five digital cameras, including a reversing system
- Full dual-zone automatic climate control, featuring a Park Heater timer facility
- Hard drive navigation system
- DAB/FM/AM/Sirius tuners, with hard drive virtual 10xCD multiplayer
- Digital and Satellite TV, and DVD playback
- Rear seat entertainment package, with 8-inch video screens, digital wireless headphones and touch screen remote control
- Keyless entry system and powered tailgate
- Adaptive headlamps with auto headlamp dipping
- Heated windscreen, front seats and steering wheel
Range Rover Evoque Design Themes
The Range Rover Evoque offers customers more choice with three main vehicle design themes, each with its own distinctive character, exterior treatment and carefully co-ordinated interior package.
‘Pure’ combines the stunning concept-car exterior with a stylish, clean interior in neutral colours. Soft-touch wrapped materials on the major surfaces contrast with the metal brushed aluminium trim.
‘Prestige’ is the ultimate in Range Rover luxury, combining a bespoke exterior that includes unique, 19-inch wheels and sparkling metallic details with an interior that is almost entirely leather-wrapped.
‘Dynamic’ brings a bolder exterior with 20-inch wheels and unique bumpers, sills, grille and tailpipes for a more assertive, confident stance. Contrasting roof and spoiler colours are available, while the premium sports interior offers sports seats with splashes of bright contrast colour.
The Range Rover Evoque will be manufactured at Land Rover’s multi award-winning Halewood plant in Merseyside, UK. The car will go on sale in more than 160 markets worldwide from summer 2011. Prices will start from £30,000 in the UK.Published 22 September 2010