The changes include a new interior and major external revisions, including new face and tail. There is also an additional derivative, for European markets, the Freelander Sport, the sharpest handling and sportiest Land Rover production model ever.
- Fresh exterior look, adopting the distinctive Range Rover design cues
- Upgraded interior, including new look facia, more comfortable seats and new trim colours and materials
- New Sport derivative, optimised for on-road driving performance (European markets only) – the sportiest Land Rover ever
- Choice of three engines and three- or five-door body styles
- Full-time 4x4, plus high-tech electronic driving aids such as Hill Descent Control and Electronic Traction Control
- Premium compact 4x4, nimble and practical on-road with uncompromised off-road ability
"As well as being an international best-seller, the Freelander also invented a new segment – the compact premium 4x4 sector," said Land Rover’s managing director, Matthew Taylor. "The latest changes are designed to improve the premium nature of the Freelander, and make it an even more desirable and successful vehicle."