- Sports Tourer: New sports tourer SUV with inspiring and refined on-road performance, as well as outstanding breadth of capability
- Number Five: A fifth nameplate for Land Rover, complementing the award-winning Range Rover
- Power: Supercharged 287kW [390hp in North America], 4.2-litre V8 top-of-the-range engine, plus high-technology V6 diesel [not available in North America] and V8 normally aspirated engine options
- Dynamic Response: Land Rover's new Dynamic Response suspension system and performance-tuned chassis help deliver responsive handling and comfortable ride
- Terrain Response: Acclaimed Terrain Response™ system for class-leading off-road capability
- Design: Aerodynamic and muscular exterior design, with spacious, well-equipped interior and cockpit feel for the driver
The Range Rover Sport, an all-new sports tourer SUV from Land Rover, is the best-performing and best-handling vehicle that the renowned sport-utility vehicle manufacturer has ever built. Powered in top-line form by a supercharged 287kW [390hp in North America] V8 engine, the Range Rover Sport is designed to combine invigorating dynamic ability with outstanding comfort and refinement.
"The Range Rover Sport is an additional, fifth nameplate for the Land Rover brand," says Matthew Taylor, Managing Director of Land Rover. "It takes us into the growing performance SUV market but is different from all rivals. We see it as a less frenetic, more refined alternative to existing performance SUVs. It is ideal for fast, comfortable, long-distance driving and practical enough for everyday use. Yet it is also exceptional off-road, offering better all-terrain ability than any competitor. Like all Land Rover products, it offers the broadest range of capability in its class.
"It also perfectly complements the existing Range Rover - the luxury SUV. Range Rover Sport is more compact and will be priced to fit between Discovery 3/LR3 and the Range Rover in the Land Rover product range."