- Outstanding breadth of capability matched to distinctive & versatile design
- An all-new premium SUV, packed with user-friendly technology
- Exceptional breadth of capability – dynamic on-road performance and class-leading off-road
- Bold and distinctive design that delivers a spacious, versatile and comfortable seven-seat cabin
- Production debuts for Land Rover’s innovative Terrain Response™ and Integrated Body-frame™
- New engines tailored for Land Rover, plus six-speed transmissions and air suspension
"The Discovery 3 is a new generation Land Rover, a vehicle of great conviction that points the way forward for the company," says managing director Matthew Taylor. "As you would expect from a Land Rover, it is awesome off-road. What may be more surprising to some is its great performance on-road too. The result is the widest breadth of capability in the class."
It is the first vehicle wholly developed by the new management team that took over Land Rover in July 2000, following the purchase by Ford Motor Company. It replaces the current Discovery, one of the best-selling SUVs in its class.