Land Rover global retail sales in February 2010 continued to improve by 29.6 per cent versus the same period last year.
UK sales for February 2010 were up 46.8 per cent versus February 2009. This is the sixth consecutive month of improvement for Land Rover demonstrating a stabilisation in the home market.
Phil Popham, managing director, Land Rover said: "The desirability of our latest product line-up itself is stronger now than ever before and the momentum looks set to continue."
Land Rover also delivered a significant improvement in the majority of markets with a particularly strong performance in Europe and emerging markets:
- France up 86.6 per cent, Netherlands up 46.8 per cent, Portugal up 155.6 per cent
- The European Importer markets of Turkey and Switzerland also reported increases up approx 162.8 per cent and 59 per cent respectively
- Strong emerging markets performances were recorded by Brazil up 75.8 per cent, Korea up 87.5 per cent, China up almost 99 per cent
- Other overseas markets showing a significant increase year on year include South Africa up 165.4 per cent and Australia up approx 31.3 per cent
- North America sales for February were circa 2,212 - up approx 18.1 per cent versus February 2009