- Supercharged: Supercharged 291 kW (400 bhp SAE) 4.2-litre heads new engine line-up
- Engine: Faster and more powerful naturally aspirated 225 kW (305 bhp SAE) V8 petrol engine option
- Exterior Updates: Fresh exterior details include front grille and bumper, power vents, lamps and wheels
- Interior Updates: Most refined Range Rover interior ever
- Technology: User-friendly new technologies available include adaptive headlights, tyre-pressure monitoring and touch-screen control for navigation, audio, phone and off-road driving information
- Flagship: Complements the Range Rover Sport, Land Rover's all-new sports tourer SUV
The Range Rover for 2006 is the most refined, most luxurious and most powerful Range Rover ever. Two new petrol engines - including a powerful supercharged 4.2-litre - are complemented by fresh exterior design details, a quieter interior and a profusion of new technology.
"The Range Rover has always been the world's most complete luxury SUV," says Land Rover's managing director Matthew Taylor. "With this new, even more refined flagship for the company, we believe that the best luxury SUV in the world is now even better."
The latest Range Rover joins the recently announced, dynamic Range Rover Sport, which has extended the Land Rover line-up to five models for the first time.
"The two Range Rover models complement each other perfectly," says Matthew Taylor. "The Range Rover for 2006 is our luxury SUV. The Range Rover Sport is our performance SUV, a driver-focussed sports tourer. Two different models will enable us to compete even more successfully in the market and take the Range Rover name to even greater success."