The all new Kia Rio arrives in Europe this summer to shake-up the hugely competitive ‘B’ Segment.
Completely redesigned from the ground up, the New Rio has shed its previously conservative styling to emerge with an all-new, sportier and distinctive appearance and now offers customers more space, more power, higher performance, better handling, a smoother ride and enhanced fuel economy.
Customers can choose from two body styles - 5 door hatch and 4 door saloon, two equipment levels (LX and EX), two petrol engines (1.6 and 1.4 litres) with manual or automatic transmission, and for the first time in the Rio range a diesel engine (1.5 litres) with a manual gearbox as well as an extensive range of optional equipment and special themed ‘Option Packs’.
"New Rio continues the recent Kia tradition of introducing new models which are thoroughly modern, attractively styled, and technically sophisticated," enthuses Mr Kyung-Soo Lee, President, Kia Motors Europe. "While enhancing all aspects of our new products, we are retaining the brand’s strong allegiance to offering customers maximum benefits. New Rio is ‘the car powered by passion’, a car which perfectly embodies the ‘exciting and enabling’ Kia brand identity, a car which will appeal to young people with a dynamic lifestyle - all across Europe."
Six Major Customer Benefits
Kia’s research, design and engineering centres in Germany, the USA and Korea have created an all-new Rio model that offers customers significant new benefits in six core areas:
- Styling: bold nose, dynamic profile, stable rear and crisp neat interior.
- Comfort: more headroom, legroom and shoulder room, especially in the rear.
- Safety: twin front, side and curtain airbags, active head restraint, ESP - available.
- Performance: ‘class-best’ powerful new petrol and diesel engines.
- Refinement: sleek aerodynamics, stronger structure and greatly enhanced NVH.
- Convenience: versatile cargo space, trip computer, solar glass, keyless entry - available.