Lady’s who love their motors - there’s a new car in town and it’s the ultimate accessory. Forget shoes, handbags - even clothes!...the new-look Kia Picanto will ensure you get heads turning left, right and centre.
And, to ensure all beauty conscious drivers know how to look their best, Kia Motors (UK) Ltd has teamed up with make-artist Ruby Hammer, who has excellent advice about looking beautiful behind the wheel.
Ruby says, “Looking great while driving can sometimes be a challenge. Unfortunately many women still make the faux pas of applying their make-up in the car. Apart from being a dangerous distraction while driving, it’s really not becoming and car mirrors are very unflattering, meaning you will never look as good as if you had applied your make-up before getting behind the steering wheel. It’s always hard to maintain a fresh look after driving, particularly if you have been on a long journey, but these top tips will definitely help women get out of the car looking decidedly less tired and dishevelled than they might otherwise.”
Ruby’s tips for beauty behind the wheel…
- Turn down the heater - it dries your skin out which can highlight those wrinkles that you so cleverly hid before you first got into the car
- Keep a skin spritzer to hand - great for refreshing make-up after a long journey and rehydrating skin to give a dewy appearance
- Keep the window closed to avoid hair/lipgloss disasters
- Have a powder compact to hand - in the glove compartment. Always good if you’ve had a long or stressful drive and you need to blot the shine
- Try and match you car colour to suit your skin tone - red doesn’t suit redheads but blue looks better for olive skin tones
- Oversized sunglasses - if all else fails, large sunglasses will add instant glamour, rain or shine, with the added advantage of blocking glare while you drive
Kia’s advice on beauty for your car…
It’s no good if you’re looking fab and your car has been neglected - these simple tips from Kia Motors UK will ensure you’re glowing inside and out:
- Cleanse your car - there’s nothing nicer than a clean, shiny car so don’t forget to wash its skin at least once a week
- Tone your windows - smeared windows are a no-no so make sure you clear away that residue
- Be naturally beautiful - don’t overload your car with too much clutter such as spoilers, fluffy dice and stickers. Natural is best!
For the ultimate fashion accessory, step into the new look Kia Picanto - it’s a real head turner with its new curves and fresh look. Not only that, it has a seductive new front bumper, headlamp units, all black dash and door trims. The Picanto’s 1.0-litre engine will ensure you get an easy drive and park in congested cities whilst also allowing for more refined driving on faster roads. The Picanto is a nimble car ideal for the busy girl about town and will comfortably seat up to four of her fun loving friends. In addition, fans of eco chic will love the fact that the Picanto is as green as can be - emitting just 117 grams of CO2 per kilometre.Published 28 November 2007