The £58,995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT will be the most powerful and fastest Jeep to date.
Powered by Jeep’s all-new 6.4-litre HEMI V8 engine, it produces 461 bhp and 624 Nm which equates to 0-62 mph time of 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 160 mph. The SRT features a five-speed automatic gearbox with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters and gear stick on the floor.
Developed by Chrysler Group LLC's Street and Racing Technology (SRT) team the Grand Cherokee SRT cannot be described as ‘green’. On the official combined fuel cycle you can only expect to see 20 mpg, although real life figures will undoubtedly be lower and CO2 emissions are rated at 328 g/km. Although it does feature fuel saver technology which turns off four of the eight cylinders when full power is not required to ensure increased fuel economy and reduced overall emissions.
According to Jeep this is their best handling SUV featuring their new SRT-tuned, Active Adaptive damping suspension system managed by the new Jeep Selec-Track system with five dynamic modes.
You can manually choose between the dynamic modes for specific driving conditions:
- Auto: provides the most compliant ride and automatically adapts to any road situation using the active suspension tuning;
- Sport: provides enhanced body control for a sporty, fun-to-drive ride for the street;
- Tow: provides a safe reduction in pitch and bounce for enhanced towing capability;
- Track: provides the high-performance, firm, "track-tuned" suspension option to lock down body motion for the ultimate handling experience;
- Snow: provides the most conservative dynamic mode, so the vehicle will safely stay in-line in inclement winter weather conditions.
The 4x4 capability of the Jeep brand is delivered by the Quadra-Trac active on-demand four-wheel-drive transfer case with rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD).
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is available in four body colours: Brilliant Black, Bright Silver, Mineral Gray and Deep Cherry. The interior features Black Nappa leather and suede seats with accent stitching.
Standard equipment includes heated (front and rear) and ventilated (front) seats, Command-View dual-pane sunroof, multimedia infotainment and navigation UConnect Navigation system with voice activated Bluetooth UConnect Phone, cutting-edge 825-watt, 19-speaker, 1 subwoofer premium audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon, Adaptive Cruise Control and innovative safety systems such as Forward Collision Warning and Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-path detection.Published 14 June 2012