The interior improved include the use of premium materials, including real wood, leather, chrome accents, LED Lighting and premium seating as well as soft-touch materials throughout at 'touch-points'.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been around for nearly two decades, with over 4 million worldwide sales. Now, Jeep has revised and improved the model, in the form of the all new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee features a new turbocharged 3 litre V6 CRD engine, alongside a new interior, offering improved luxury, comfort and enhanced safety and a new exterior, giving a more muscular and athletic look, with high waistline and steep windscreen.
"With the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee, Jeep has created the benchmark, premium SUV," says Mike Manley, President and Chief Executive Officer - Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Advanced features such as our new Quadra-Lift air suspension and Selec-Terrain traction control systems take the new Grand Cherokee to the next level of 4x4 capability. The new generation of the iconic Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers the perfect blend of on-road refinement, superb craftsmanship, world-class design, improved fuel economy, innovative features and legendary, real-world capability."
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee is approximately 7cm wider and 7cm longer than the outgoing model, with a 13cm increased wheelbase size which will provide increased bootspace and rear legroom. With all seats in place, the new vehicle offers up to 782 litres of space, an 11% increase. The Overland model also sees a powered tailgate.
The interior improved include the use of premium materials, including real wood, leather, chrome accents, LED Lighting and premium seating as well as soft-touch materials throughout at "touch-points" - such as doors, consoles and armrests.
Both front seats are heated and ventilated and provide eight-way power assistance and four-way lumbar adjustment, with memory function for the driver.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee's Media centre features radio, cd/dvd player, satellite navigation - standard for the Overland model - controlled by a 6.5 inch touchscreen and a 30gb harddrive with iPod connectivity, controlled via the Media Centre or steering wheel-mounted controls.
The Jeep grand Cherokee Overland model features as standard the CommandView panoramic sunroof.
The new Quadra-Lift air suspension system (standard on Overlord models) features five height settings:
- Normal Ride Height (NRH): 8.1 inches of clearance offers improved fuel economy and improved aerodynamics during on-road driving
- Off-road 1: Lifts the vehicle an additional 1.3 inches for added height in clearing obstacles (9.4 inches)
- Off-road 2: Delivers legendary Jeep off-road capability and provides an additional 2.6 inches of height for 10.7 inches of ground clearance
- Park Mode: Lowers the vehicle 1.5 inches from NRH for easy entry/exit and roof rack loading. NRH and Park mode are driver-selectable, giving the driver control over vehicle ride height
- Aero Mode: Lowers the vehicle 0.6 inches from NRH. Aero mode is controlled by vehicle speed and adjusts for optimal performance and fuel economy
The Jeep Grand Cherokee's new V6 CRD engine offers 237bhp at 4000 rpm and 550Nm of torque between 1800-2800 rpm, fuel efficiency of 34mpg on the combined cycle and CO2 emissions of 218g/km.
Prices for the Jeep Grand Cherokee start from £36,795 OTR with the 3.0 CRD V6 Limited, while the Overland starts from £43,995 OTR. Optional special paint on all models comes at £670 RRP. Prices for the other options include:
- Rear DVD with single sunroof (Limited) £1,700 RRP
- Rear DVD with single sunroof retrofit (Overland) £700 RRP
- CommandView panoramic sunroof (Limited) £1,200 RRP
- Performance pack (Limited) £2,000 RRP
- Navigation & Luxury pack (Limited) £1,500 RRP
- Deep-tint sunscreen glass (Limited) £350 RRP