Jaguar announced pricing for the new XK today following the official unveiling of the convertible model at the Detroit Motorshow. Customers can now place an order for the new model with prices starting from £58,955 for the coupe and £64,955 for the convertible.
The launch of the new XK marks the beginning of an exciting era for Jaguar in terms of design and engineering, and reinforces the marque's reputation for building beautiful, fast cars that are as rewarding to drive as they are gorgeous to look at.
All new XK models offer drivers exceptionally high levels of standard specification with further opportunities to personalise a car by adding features from the extensive portfolio of optional equipment.
Standard equipment in the UK includes a 300 bhp 4.2 litre V8 engine, a 6 speed automatic gearbox with paddle gearshift, 7" touch screen satellite navigation, keyless start, 10 way adjustable heated seats with driver & passenger memory, bluetooth telephone connectivity, 18" Venus alloy wheels, dual zone automatic air conditioning, metallic paint, cruise control with Active Speed Limiter (ASL), electronic park brake, in-dash 6 CD autochanger, rain sensing wipers, Reverse Park Assist, Trac Dynamic Stability Control, Antilock Braking System (ABS) Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA).
Complementing the competitive pricing structure, the affordability of the new XK is further enhanced with class-leading insurance ratings of 19E for the coupe and 20E for the convertible.
"With the new XK, we have developed the most advanced Jaguar sports car ever - lighter, faster and better equipped than the model it replaces, delivering a balance of superb performance, driving dynamics and Jaguar sophistication," said Phil Popham, managing director, Jaguar UK.
"The new XK takes the Jaguar sports car line to another level, regaining its status at the forefront of the desirability stakes. In looks it pays homage to the legendary Jaguars of the past but there has never been a more fitting representation of how Jaguar’s sports cars offer cutting-edge technology to match their unparalleled appearance."
Jaguar UK also launches today a new brand communications campaign developed in conjunction with its newly appointed advertising agency, Euro RSCG Fuel. The new campaign reflects the latest brand positioning and exciting new advertising direction that Jaguar will now be adopting.
This marketing and communications strategy will present Jaguar in a way unlike anything seen before within the automotive sector and moves the brand into a new area not currently occupied by any other car manufacturer.
"Jaguar has been making beautiful fast cars for decades and will continue to do so. The ‘Gorgeous’ campaign perfectly captures our trademarks of style, power, luxury and performance", commented Jaguar Cars' Managing Director Bibiana Boerio. "This is an important moment for the company as we move into a new era with a marketing direction that will stand out from anything that anyone has ever done before.
"We will use this approach globally across all areas of our marketing strategy, reflecting the fact that Jaguar customers worldwide are well-travelled and share similar views, interests and expectations."
Starting this month, the Jaguar 'Gorgeous' campaign will be progressively rolled-out across Europe, with advertising in television, print and electronic media. The first executions of the new campaign will appear tonight on UK national television (22.30 on Channel 4), with a 6 week burst of brand advertising alongside an additional print campaign for the Jaguar Diesel vehicles.
"This is more than simply an advertising campaign," stated Bibiana Boerio. "It is a communications direction that will become integral to Jaguar's long-term future."
- All-new Coupe and Convertible Jaguar XK, each designed as a 2+2 sports car
- First of a new generation of beautiful, fast Jaguars
- The most technologically advanced Jaguar ever
- Succeeds the Jaguar XK range introduced in 1996
- All-aluminium construction assists best-in-class torsional rigidity in Coupe form. In Convertible form, there is a 50 per cent improvement in stiffness over the previous XK Convertible
- All-new XK is lighter than its predecessor and key rivals, with Coupe at 1595kg kerb weight and Convertible at 1635kg
- In Convertible form the Body-in-White weight, at just 287kg, is 20 per cent lighter than the previous XK Convertible
- Lightweight body offers a 10 per cent improvement in power to weight ratio
- Convertible roof operates electrically in less than 18 seconds to be stowed below lightweight aluminium tonneau cover
- Intuitive controls and driver-focussed technologies - such as Keyless Entry, Keyless Start and Active Front Lighting - enhance driver enjoyment
- Spacious, elegant sports car cabin exemplifies Jaguar craftsmanship, luxury and quality
- Launched with latest generation naturally aspirated 4.2 litre Jaguar AJ-V8 engine, developing 300bhp (224kW) SAE / 298PS (219kW) EEC
- AJ-V8 engine developed to satisfy Euro 4 emissions requirements and features Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- New Jaguar Sequential Shift 6-speed automatic transmission system incorporates steering wheel-mounted paddles for manual gear changes
- XK Coupe reaches 60mph from standstill in 5.9 seconds and completes quarter mile sprint in 14.4 seconds - less than half a second off the pace of the previous 400bhp supercharged model
- XK Convertible takes just 6.0 seconds to reach 60mph - 0.3 seconds quicker than the previous model
- XK Coupe accelerates from 50-70mph in just 3.1 seconds - 0.2 seconds quicker than the previous model (Convertible XK also 0.2 seconds quicker from 50-70mph at 3.2 seconds)
- Top speed of 155mph (electronically limited)
- In the event of a pedestrian impact, pyrotechnic deployable bonnet (Jaguar Pedestrian Contact Sensing) automatically deploys in the blink of an eye to create a cushioning effect between the bonnet and the engine
- New XK on sale from mid March