Jaguar’s long-standing commitment to creating beautiful, contemporary, fast cars is reinforced once again with the unveiling of the new, special edition 400bhp XJR Portfolio. This supercharged performance saloon continues the evolution of the design cues first seen on the striking Concept Eight show car which starred at the New York International Auto Show in 2004.
The Concept Eight was the first time that Jaguar had shown its new performance styling to the public and the reaction was so positive that many of its key design details, such as the eye-catching polished wheels, side power vents and Satin American Walnut trim, were soon to grace the long-wheelbase XJ Super V8 Portfolio, a special edition XJ produced for the USA and other key European and global markets.
Now, the new XJR Portfolio continues the successful theme of exclusive, sporting saloons with attitude, power and a modern character.
"The Jaguar XJR is one of the most distinguished sporting luxury saloons in the world. The XJR Portfolio enhances this reputation further with its unique exterior and interior styling cues," says Bibiana Boerio, Jaguar Cars, managing director.
XJR Portfolio At-A-Glance
- Special edition standard wheelbase XJR that follows on from the Concept Eight design study and Super V8 Portfolio long-wheelbase special edition
- Only 100 units for the UK market
- 400bhp (SAE) supercharged V8 power and six-speed ZF automatic transmission, for unparalleled blend of sporting performance and superb refinement
- Contemporary, sporting exterior design cues, including sculpted polished aluminium side power vents, bright mesh grille, chrome-finished exhaust system, polished 20-inch Callisto wheels and Midnight black exterior paint
- Luxury interior combines a contemporary feel with driver-focussed technology such as the facia-mounted Touchscreen, JaguarVoice control and Bluetooth connectivity
- New aluminium weave veneer finish for facia, ‘R’ sports seats, aluminium J-gate surround, chrome and leather gearknob, leather-edged footwell mats
- All the engineering strengths, performance, safety, economy and dynamic brilliance of the XJR, with advanced aluminium monocoque construction for maximum rigidity with minimum weight – the basis for a great driver’s car.