“The addition of the excellent new 2.7 litre twin-turbo Diesel engine to the XJ range reinforces the fact that our 2006 models are not only the most technologically advanced cars Jaguar has ever made, they rank among the best cars produced anywhere in the world," says Joe Greenwell, Chairman and CEO, Jaguar Cars. "This is the position Jaguar now holds in the premium car market and the introduction of the new XJ 2.7 twin-turbo Diesel reinforces that stronghold.”
- New 2.7 litre twin-turbo V6 Diesel introduced to XJ range - the first diesel XJ.
- Latest twin-turbo commonrail diesel engine technology means the 2.7 litre V6 produces 207PS (152kW) EEC and 435Nm of torque.
- Fitted with a Catalysed Diesel Particulate Filter (CDPF).
- Accelerates from 0-60mph in 7.8 seconds, with a top speed of 141mph (225kph), yet returns 35mpg (combined cycle).
- Electronically controlled active engine mounts on diesel model - an industry first - cancel engine idle vibration by 90 per cent and provide class-leading levels of refinement.
2006 Model Year XJ saloons also benefit from a large number of additional changes:
- Subtle revision to the XJ’s exterior appearance thanks to removal of front and rear screen finishers and body side mouldings.
- Even better refinement for all XJ models with the introduction of acoustic laminated glass, a new secondary bulkhead system, isolated driver’s airbag and modifications to the bonnet sealing system.
- Bluetooth wireless system is available where license permits, allowing drivers to use a compatible mobile phone in a safe, legal and convenient manner.
- Uprated braking system with a bigger disc and calliper assembly.
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to highlight an excessive loss in vehicle tyre pressure.
- Two new alloy wheels are introduced: The 19-inch Sabre Wheel replaces the 19-inch Performance wheel on XJR models. An 18-inch Tucana Wheel replaces the 18-inch Dynamic in UK, Europe, North America and the 18-inch Luxury Wheel in other markets on the XJ6 and XJ8 (dependent on market).
- Two new exterior colours - Winter Gold and Indigo.
The 2006 MY Jaguar XJ range is as follows: Standard wheelbase models: Long wheelbase models: XJ 2.7 twin-turbo Diesel XJ6 3.0 V6 petrol (Asia Pacific, China, XJ6 3.0 V6 petrol Middle East) XJ8 3.5 V8 petrol XJ8 3.5 V8 petrol XJ8 4.2 V8 petrol XJ8 4.2 V8 petrol XJR 4.2 supercharged V8 petrol Super V8 4.2 supercharged petrol Super V8 4.2 supercharged petrol.