In our series of Christmas Gift Ideas for the Motorist
STOP! Don’t buy a Jaguar XJ or Daimler Sovereign without buying this book first!
- Full coverage of all classic Jaguar/Daimler saloons (1968-1992)
- In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Advice on choosing the right model and condition
- Avoid buying a dud
- Just like having a Jaguar expert at your side
- Includes market and value data
- Quick check guide and also a full inspection procedure
- Discussion of desirable upgrades, and those modifications to avoid
- Where and how to buy
- Details of clubs, suppliers and specialists
Just like having an expert by your side, this unique book will help you work through the long list of XJ variants to choose the one that best suits your budget and intended use. Full of practical first-hand tips and pictures to guide even a classic car novice through all the stages of becoming a Jaguar or Daimler saloon owner. Packed with 100 detailed pictures, plus a unique points system to assess the condition of potential purchases, this book is a must for any potential XJ6 owner, and could save you a great deal of money and heartache.
With two E-TYPE books to his credit, Peter Crespin has many years' experience working on his own Jaguars, which include classic and modern cars and a 1974 Series 2 Daimler used as a daily driver. A frequent contributor to various technical internet forums, Peter has four decades' experience of building and occasionally racing classic bikes and working on classic cars from his well-equipped workshop. A medical writer by profession, he turns his analytical talents to the task of sorting through the three series, four engine sizes and three body styles of the XJ Jaguars sold between 1968 and 1992.Published 12 October 2007