With major revisions including nearly 500 new components, the new X-TYPE retains all the original car’s strengths, and adds some new ones of its own.
The X-TYPE's exterior styling is significantly refreshed, with changes that give it greater visual strength and appeal.
The new X-TYPE also has subtle interior revisions that give more choice of trim and equipment, to further emphasise its luxury car credentials.
For the first time, X-TYPE buyers can choose diesel power with automatic transmission, including one-touch Jaguar Sequential Shift – broadening the new model’s appeal to those who previously would have ruled out X-TYPE purchase.
The 2.2D manual version has headline figures of 0-60mph in 8.7 seconds, a maximum speed of 134mph (216kph), a combined economy of 47.1mpg (6.0l/100km), and a CO2 rating of 159g/km. The respective figures for the 2.2D automatic are 9.5 seconds, 129mph (208kph), 41 mpg (6.9l/100km) and 184g/km. The comparative figures are similar for Estate versions.
The X-TYPE 2.2 Diesel automatic combines a powerful, advanced diesel engine with a proven luxury vehicle – the result is an exceptional blend of performance and refinement.
Saloon and estate versions of the new X-TYPE go on sale in the UK in March 2008 and in other European markets from April 2008.
The Highlights of the New Jaguar X-TYPE
- New six-speed automatic transmission
- New Jaguar Sequential Shift function on 2.2D
- Enhanced, Phase 2 Bluetooth telephone connectivity
- DAB radio options (dependent on market) with new roof-mounted antenna pod
- Revised parking aid systems
- New mesh grille featuring the Jaguar ‘growler’ badge
- New front and rear bumper design
- New sill mouldings
- New, re-profiled side mouldings
- New badging including front wing Jaguar ‘ingot’ badges, and rear chrome signature blade on saloon models
- New door mirrors with integrated turn indicator repeaters
- Two new alloy wheel designs
- New exterior paint choices
- New speedometer and rev-counter designs
- Tungsten metallic finish for air vents, steering wheel spokes, and centre console
- Chrome finish for air-vent thumb wheels and steering wheel controls
- New seat designs, with new horizontal and diamond twin-needle stitch patterns
- New Rosewood veneer option
- New interior colour palette, with additional trim options including Soft Grain leather
- New door trim designs, to complement new seat-trim and colour combinations