If the Daimler buying experience will lack for nothing, then the driving experience is its equal. The new Daimler Super Eight is powered by a 4.2 litre supercharged V8 engine mounted in an innovative lightweight aluminium body, and the resulting performance gives the Daimler effortless and refined, high-speed cruising ability.
Inside the new Daimler, comfort levels will be sumptuous thanks to luxurious trim of the highest quality and a comprehensive range of equipment including voice-activated four-zone climate control, a full multi-media entertainment system and power adjustable rear-seats with folding work-tables.
"The new Daimler Super Eight is a premium product for a premium customer base," says Bibiana Boerio. "But it’s also more than that. It quite seamlessly blends the marque’s wonderful heritage and image with some incredible technology and design. The great Daimlers of the past now have a successor and our Daimler customers have the opportunity to express themselves once again."
The New Daimler Super Eight At A Glance
- First new Daimler model for seven years and the most advanced Daimler ever
- Created following customer demand for the return of the Daimler marque
- Unique Daimler detailing to both exterior and interior, including fluted radiator grille and swirling ‘D’ badge on grille, boot release and seat headrests
- Chrome dressing to wing mirrors and rear-light surrounds
- 18-inch Rapier alloy wheels
- Choice of six body colours including two unique Daimler choices – Garnet (a metallic Burgundy) and Westminster Blue
- Three leather interior trims - Champagne, Ivory and Charcoal
- All Burr Walnut veneer will have authentic, handcrafted Boxwood inlays for contrasting effect
- High levels of interior equipment including fold-down business trays, lamb’s wool rugs, electric rear seats, four-zone air-conditioning, television tuner
- Powered by 400bhp (298kW) DIN, 4.2 litre V8 supercharged engine with six-speed automatic gearbox
- Innovative lightweight body made from aluminium
- Acoustic laminated glass for even greater levels of comfort and quietness
- The new Daimler Super Eight will be on sale from November 2005.
The New Daimler In Detail
"A Daimler owner is overtly aware of the heritage and history of the marque," says Ian Callum, Design Director, Jaguar Cars. "They want a car that reflects that and makes them feel like they are part of our history. Daimler is a distinguished car maker - don’t forget that British monarchs and other royal families around the world have driven them for decades - and a modern Daimler should recognise that.
"I think the new Daimler does the job perfectly. It’s a beautiful, fast and quite dramatic car but also deeply authentic. The level of craftsmanship that has gone into every area is superb. Our woods and leathers are of the highest quality, right down to the beautiful Boxwood inlays that sit in the veneers."
It is this level of quality and attention to detail that makes the new Daimler such a unique proposition.