Already a strong contender in the United States and other global markets, the Infiniti FX performance luxury crossover SUV takes on Western Europe with an all-new, second-generation design featuring a newly developed 5.0-litre V8, 7-speed automatic transmission, enhanced exterior styling, advanced interior design and innovative technology and safety equipment.
AT A GLANCE
- The Infiniti FX represents a fusion of sports car and SUV, with breathtaking styling, sports car-like proportions and a sports car platform
- New 390 horsepower 5.0-litre 32-valve VVEL V8 with 500Nm of torque
- 7-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), Downshift Rev Matching and solid magnesium paddle shifters
- The V8-equipped FX50 will be joined by a V6-equipped model (details to be announced later)
- Infiniti Intelligent four-wheel drive system called ATTESA-E TS with Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Traction Control (TCS)
- Suspension with active Continuous Damping Control (CDC), advanced Rear Active Steer system
- Super-lightweight 21-inch wheels with 265/45R21 performance tyres
- Standard advanced technologies, such as, DVD based navigation system, Around View Monitor, Adaptive Front lighting System and Intelligent Key
- High quality interior materials, with special attention to detail and safety
- Standard Bose audio system
The all-new Infiniti FX50 will be available in North America in June 2008 and in European markets starting from October 2008.
FX PRODUCT CONCEPT
In keeping with Infiniti’s well defined product strategy, the new FX is inviting in every dimension, from the nimble feel of its quick and controlled response to driver input, to the ride comfort provided by its Dual Flow Pass shock absorbers and quick response to body motion inputs, to the unique “Infiniti feel” under acceleration and braking.
Infiniti’s designers and engineers’ overall goal in the development of the second-generation FX crossover was to enhance its “sports car ability” while adding refinement – without compromising either side of the equation. The new FX’s creators also wanted to give the vehicle a more “human” feel, despite its mechanical strengths, by integrating the latest technology with owners’ lifestyles.
The new FX50 is designed to be highly adaptive to both the driver and driving conditions, utilizing a long list of Infiniti technologies and systems, including Variable Valve Event & Lift (V-VEL) engine technology, Adaptive Shift Control, Suspension with active Continuous Damping Control (CDC), Rear Active Steering, Around View Monitor, Intelligent Cruise Control (Full Speed Range) and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA).Published 5 March 2008