Billet Machined Aluminum Design Theme
From the overall stance to the smallest interior and exterior details, the SUT Concept’s next-generation styling conveys a look of strength and agility with a modern, technical appearance. The styling theme was "billet machined aluminum" capturing the idea of a vehicle that has been machined from a single block of metal. The design also takes advantage of unibody design to deliver a fully integrated cab and chassis, lending the SUT Concept a fresh new, twenty-first century appearance.
"People will recognize this as a new kind of truck," said David Marek, chief designer for the SUT Concept. "We wanted to express the unique character of Honda in truck that we take all trucks into the next generation, stylistically.
Design details include a roof with a four-paneled skylight; a cargo bed with integrated lights and speakers; seats featuring a roll bar appearance; storage bins made with climbing rope; and front door liners with integrated Mag-Liteâ flashlights.
High Performance Next-Generation Powertrain
Combining fun-to-drive performance with environmental responsibility, the concept vehicle is powered by a high performance, high torque all-aluminum DOHC VTEC V-6 engine couple with an advanced electronically controlled four-wheel-drive system for outstanding all-weather performance, medium-duty towing and off-road capabilities, along with Ultra-Low Emissions and class-leading fuel economy. With its wide track, rack-and-pinion steering and sophisticated four-wheel fully independent suspension, the SUT Concept delivers a new level of ride comfort and handling sharpness in the light truck segment.
In addition to offering a high level of handling stability, the SUT Concept also offers a full array of advanced safety technology. In keeping with Honda’s "Safety for Everyone" concept, the Honda SUT Concept integrates safety features such as side curtain airbags with rollover sensors, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), front-side airbags with the Occupant Position Detection System, four-wheel anti-lock brakes and pedestrian safety features. With it unibody design, the SUT Concept provides a high level of occupant protection along with reduced aggressivity toward other vehicles in a frontal collision.
Features and Specifications
- High output DOHC VTEC V-6 engine
- Advanced electronic four-wheel-drive
- Reinforced unibody chassis design
- Billeted aluminum exterior and interior design theme
- Fully integrated four door cab and chassis with 5-foot pickup bed
- Spacious five-passenger cabin
- 5-foot bed with extra deep cargo box
- High-power audio system with exterior bed speakers
- Next generation Honda Navigation System
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Dual Stage, dual threshold front airbags
- Front side airbags with OPDS (Occupant Position Detection System)
- Side curtain airbag system with rollover sensors
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Front seatbelts with pre-tensioners and load limiters