Honda’s new petrol electric Civic IMA will be no more expensive to buy and run than a conventional Civic when UK sales start, 1 May. Available with SE Executive trim, the new 4 door Civic with "IMA Inside" will cost £14,995 on the road. But, for buyers taking advantage of the recently confirmed £1000 Powershift subsidy, the net price effectively becomes £13,995 – making the IMA model as affordable as a regular Civic 1.6 SE Executive 5-door hatchback.
- Civic IMA price confirmed at £14,995 on the road
- £1000 Powershift subsidy available to buyers during 2003
- 8 year IMA warranty – including battery
- Standard 3 year / 90,000 mile Honda warranty
- No special maintenance required, 12,500 mile service intervals
- Stronger Residual Value than the petrol 5 door equivalent
- Highly competitive SMR costs
- EU combined fuel consumption of nearly 58 mpg
- ABI Group 9 insurance
- 100% discount from London congestion charge
- 12% BIK tax
- £70 per annum (Band AA) VED rate
The move clearly signals that customers need have no fear of this new technology. They will be able to purchase the vehicle confident of there being no hidden repair costs. And the long warranty will make the Civic IMA much more appealing to subsequent used car buyers.