Honda’s first own designed and developed diesel will set the benchmark in the family car class
- High torque, low fuel consumption, low emissions and class leading refinement
- Outstanding performance/economy balance
- All aluminium diesel uses world-first, semi-solid casting method
- EU2004 compliant: therefore escapes UK’s 3% Benefit In Kind tax penalty for company car drivers
- Saloon and Tourer body styles, Sport and Executive trim levels
- On sale February 2004
As such it has a lot to live up to. Honda is the world’s largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines and has a strong tradition of innovation; its customers have come to expect the very best in all-round performance.
The Accord 2.2 i-CTDi does not disappoint. Measured across a range of criteria, the new unit delivers a blend of performance, refinement and efficiency to compete with the very best in the market. A combined fuel consumption of 52.3 (Tourer 48.7 mpg) and peak torque of 340 Nm at just 2,000 rpm, are both improvements on the benchmark Audi A4 TDi 130 and BMW 320.