- Positioned as “Premium Sports Compact”
- New 5-door - with 3-door looks exclusively designed for Europe
- Emotional design with hidden versatility
- High quality, high tech and high performance
- World class active and passive safety
- Class leading fuel consumption and low CO2 emissions
- New 1.4 and 1.8 petrol engines, plus 2.2 diesel engine
- New 6-speed manual and 6-speed automated manual transmissions
- Built exclusively at Honda’s European manufacturing plant, in Swindon, UK
- Design team led by Matsumoto, the man who brought us the Jazz
- On sale from January 06
The name remains the same, but everything else has changed. For the first time Honda presents a Civic that challenges the top end of the compact class - a premium sports compact for this growing sector in the C segment.
Honda has dared to be different with a bold, must-have design that makes other competitors look last generation. The result is a car with a sporty drive, distinctive futuristic looks, and advanced packaging that makes it exceedingly practical to live with.
Key to the design are the forward cabin, low overall vehicle height, big wheels and a unique “face” where the headlamps blend seamlessly with a glazed panel. A wide stance creates a feeling of great stability and sturdiness, while the super-wedged side profile emphasises the exciting look and hints at an equally adventurous interior.
The dashboard showcases a dual zone cockpit whereby all the needed information and commands are rationally placed. All the important controls and instruments all located within an inner zone, which is surrounded by a secondary zone housing radio, heating and ventilation controls and trip information. The result is a modern, sophisticated look with the use of different materials and textures creating a particularly high class finish.