Honda has been named most reliable manufacturer in Britain’s biggest fleet vehicle reliability survey – the FN50.
In the individual model categories, the Honda Accord was voted the most reliable car. Civic finished fourth – up one place from last year. It’s the third year in a row that Honda has finished top of both the manufacturer and individual model tables.
The survey, conducted by Fleet News, involved nearly one million vehicles, and asked the opinions of the 50 biggest leasing companies in the UK. Only multi-marque leasing companies were eligible to participate and each was questioned on their most reliable cars according to the number of breakdowns per 100 of each model.
“This is one of the most comprehensive surveys of its kind and very important to us,” said Harvey Hughes, Manager – Corporate Operations for Honda (UK). “Reliability is just one area that’s contributed to our significant growth in the fleet marketplace. More and more user choosers are picking Honda as their next company car – the Accord customer base is up 11 per cent and sales for all models are up year on year.”
He continued: “2007 is our most successful year ever in the fleet market and the success of Accord is mirrored by the Civic range and the new CR-V, which have both recorded great 12 month results. Customer satisfaction remains among the highest of any manufacturer, and with the new Accord arriving next year, we’re hoping to continue this success through 2008.”
In addition to the success in the FN50, Honda also scooped the following recognitions during 2007:
- Which? Reliability Survey – Best manufacturer
- J.D. Power Survey – 2nd place overall. Honda Jazz finished first in sector
- Top Gear Driver Power Survey – S2000 came top, third year running
- Auto Express Driver Power Survey – Third overall in the Manufacturer category
- Plus…Jazz was voted Best Supermini
- New Civic was voted Best Compact Family Car
- S2000 picked up Best Sports Car (and got awards for Best Braking and Best
- Reliability – and was placed third in the list of the Top 100 cars)