On the tenth anniversary of its original launch, Ford’s flagship Mondeo range heralds its highest ever levels of technology and craftsmanship. With more than 1500 new parts, its visually evolutionary exterior shape reinforces Mondeo’s established character and solidity.
- Over 1500 new parts, focused on new technology and greater craftsmanship
- All-new powertrain option: Ford’s first direct-injection petrol engine, Duratec SCi
- New Durashift 6-speed manual transmission for all higher-powered Mondeos, including range-topping ST220, now with 155mph top speed
- F1-style steering-wheel mounted shift control option on Durashift 5-tronic automatic transmission
- Series of Ford luxury ‘firsts’: climate front seats, heated rear seats, power folding door mirrors with ‘puddle’ lamps, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers and new Sony ™ audio systems
- Rear-seat multi-media entertainment option
- Navigation system option, including DVD-based route guidance and colour touch screen
- New centre console heads key interior and exterior visual changes
- New craftsmanship touches will appeal to the eyes, ears and touch, including real wood accents, new materials, textures and colours
- Range-topping Mondeo ST220 now gains MMT6 6-speed transmission for a top speed of 250 kph (155 mph)
Key in the new range is the 1.8-litre Duratec SCi engine, the debut of Ford’s direct-injection petrol technology, offering significant fuel-economy benefits over conventional petrol engines. Also introduced are further refinements to the Duratorq TDCi common-rail turbodiesel engine, and expanded availability of the new Durashift six-speed manual transmission.