Interior Craftsmanship - Premium Environment
"Delivering a premium quality driving environment was of prime importance," said Adrian Whittle, Ford Focus Chief Programme Engineer. "Inside the car this is borne out by the ‘cockpit’ driving position, the ‘flow-through’ instrument panel and console design and the use of carefully selected high quality materials.
Advanced Features - Affordable, Relevant Technologies
Focus introduces several new technologies to the Ford range that are developed with an emphasis on relevance and affordability for customers, including:
- KeyFree System - interacting directly with the car to unlock it without fumbling.
- Solar Reflect Windshield – blocking nearly five times the level of solar radiation as standard tinted glass, significantly improving the efficiency of air conditioning.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System - technology that guides headlight beams in line with the front wheels. Ford’s approach uses halogen rather than xenon lamps, making the option affordable for a broader range of customers.
- Blue Tooth™ Hands Free Phones - wireless technology that allows the connection of mobile telephones without compatibility issues.
- Voice Control - hands-free command of audio, telephone, climate control, in-car entertainment and navigation systems.
- In-Car Entertainment - premium sound systems by Sony, featuring either a 6-disc in-dash changer or an MP3-capable single disc CD player with four 20-watt premium speakers that deliver a characteristic "Sony sound".
- Rear Seat Entertainment - MP3-enabled independent audio system available, with high-mounted screen for DVD or games consoles provided in the estate.
Driving Quality - Building On Success
- Engineered to build on the dynamic capabilities of the original - providing an ultra-stiff body shell, enhanced Control Blade rear suspension and new front chassis subframe - while making strides in comfort and refinement, including reduced noise and enhanced sound quality in a spacious cabin environment.
- Longer wheelbase (by 25mm) and wider track (by 40mm) than its predecessor give the new Focus a sure-footed stance and an improved interior package. Knee room and shoulder room are improved, rear-seat headroom remains generous and luggage capacity has expanded by 10 per cent.