Exterior Design - A Distinctive Profile
- Sleek and sculpted lines flow across the new Focus range guaranteeing that, regardless of bodystyle, all models share a common design DNA.
- The new model is unmistakably a Focus, retaining the original spirit of individuality from the rest of its segment - with a fast, coupe-like profile.
"Our target was to build a coherent and distinctive family of derivatives that would be successful designs in their own right," said Chris Bird, Director of Design, Ford of Europe.
A more muscular stance - highlighted by flared wheel arches that are more prominent and yet more integrated into the overall design.
- The bold lines of Ford’s ‘family’ radiator grille, headlights and air dam - shared with Focus C-MAX - give the new Focus a purposeful personality.
- Low ‘family’ nose is steeply raked. From it the key lines of the body structures sweep up towards the rear - creating a hunched and athletic profile.
- Power bulge arches back from the radiator grille to the A-pillars, set off with prominent ‘cheekbones’ that are shared by all Focus models.
Visually the most dramatic and obvious difference between Focus and its competitors is at the rear.
- Fast profile allows 3-door model to look believable as a _oupe as well as being a full-value 5-seater – a silhouette which is shared elegantly by the 5-door model.
- The estate embodies the sporting sculpture, bringing a new elegance and purposeful stance to an extremely functional and space efficient design.
- Sharp and sporting lines of the front and rear pillars give the new Focus its bold personality, every bit as dynamic as its predecessor but in a more refined and integrated manner.
- Cockpit feel of the driving environment is nurtured, while still increasing the real world space available to driver and passengers.
"It is an entirely new way of looking at Focus but it remains clearly a Focus nonetheless, balancing that sportiness with functionality and practical daily living," said Chris Bird.