Already the most popular diesel Mondeo ever, the Ford Mondeo TDCi will be even more appealing from March 2003, with the introduction of an all-new six-speed manual transmission, priced from £16,320 on-the-road.
- New six speed manual transmission for Mondeo 130PS TDCi
- Replaces five speed manual in 130PS TDCi models
- Improved refinement, performance and real world fuel economy
- All-new design and construction, in partnership with Getrag
- Available from March 2003, priced from £16,320 on-the-road
"Previously, we’ve had a choice of configuring a five-speed to provide the customer with good acceleration or optimal top speed, but not both" said Joerg Beyer, Mondeo chief programme engineer. The new transmission helps us provide Mondeo with good in-gear performance without compromising cruising speed potential or refinement."